ClearImage Subscription for Azure Web Apps
The ClearImage Subscription for Azure Web Apps ("SAWA") license provides access to ClearImage barcode recognition and image processing engines for applications operating under the Microsoft® Azure Web Apps Subscription (also named Azure App Service.)
ClearImage SAWA is an annual subscription. Each ClearImage SAWA license is associated with a single Azure Subscription ID enabling the utilization of ClearImage by ALL Azure Web Apps instances that use this Azure Subscription ID.
Installation and Licensing
SAWA licensing may be installed and activated on any Azure Web App instance connected to the Internet ("Development instance") . Afterwards it can be deployed to the Production instances.
- Production instance can be isolated from the Internet and can have a different URL from the Development instance.
- The Production and Development instances should operate with the same Azure Subscription ID
Use of ClearImage products is governed by terms of the latest Inlite Download User License Agreement (DULA), available at https://www.inliteresearch.com/dula/
By using the following procedure you AGREE to the terms of this agreement.
1 – Install on the Development Instance
A Basic Web App endpoint has to be created on the Development instance, even if only intended use is WebJobs.
- Inlite will provide link to download
ClearImageNet.70.dll. Place this file in
\binfolder of your Web App
- Add the following section to
<system.webServer> <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> <add name="ClearImage" type="Inlite.ClearImageIIS.HttpModule"/> </modules> </system.webServer>If you have other modules added, make sure that
ClearImageis the first in the
NOTE: This configuration is for Integrated Pipeline. Contact Inlite if you are using Classic Pipeline.
- Start your Web Site
- Verify installation. Browse to SAWA Portal
http(s)://your_web_site_URL/f7c3abfb377e4f72b29d3d1852cb12a6If installation is correct
INFOsections are present.
- Send Web Site URL to email@example.com
2 – Install Evaluation license
Inlite provides 30 days license for evaluation and development.
The following components are provided:
- License file is a file with an
- User code is string in the form
nameidentifies name of your company and
codeis 16 character HEX string, e.g.
ClearImage searches for License file in an
Default location is a Web App’s
\bin\Inlite folder (typically
Alternatively, if required, use any folder specified in
web.config (for Web Apps) or
app.config (for WebJobs)
<appSettings> <add key="ilyFolder" value="ily_folder"/> </appSettings>
Deploy Licences file to a Development instance by one of these methods:
- Click on
Download Subscription Licensein SAWA Portal to place License file in Web App’s
- Use Kudu to place License file, emailed by Inlite, in
ily_folder. Instructions are here.
3 – Enable licensing in your code
Web Apps activation
- Make the following call before ANY calls to ClearImage API
name|codeis a User Code supplied by Inlite.
- Add Reference to
ClearImageNet.70.dll. Set Copy Local to True
- Add to
<appSettings> <add key="ilyFolder" value="D:\home\site\wwwroot\bin\Inlite"/> </appSettings>
- Make the following call to
Main()before ANY calls to ClearImage API
name|codeis a User Code supplied by Inlite.
4 – Purchase SAWA License Subscription
Inlite sales will provide a quote for subscription price based on anticipated peak usage of ClearImage functionality, Please provide the following information:
- Your Azure Service Plan:
- App Service Plan’s pricing tier ( P1, P2, P3, S1, S2, S3, B1, B2, B3, D1)
- Maximum Number of Instance in Production deployment
- Which ClearImage product to be used. Supported products are:
- ClearImage Reader 1D (Server License)
- ClearImage Reader 2D (Server License)
- ClearImage Reader 1D+2D (Server License)
- ClearImage Driver License Reader (Server License)
- ClearImage IP (Server License)
- Description of the production Azure instance functionality:
- Is Azure instance’s Web App or WebJob is mostly dedicated to use ClearImage functionality?
- Is Azure instance’s Web App or WebJob is a large application, where ClearImage is a small part of overall functionality?
5 – Install Production License
Following the purchase of a license, Inlite will provide you with the Production ILY file.
Methods to deploy production License file to Azure Web App
ily_folder are described here.
web.config of the Production Instance should have modifications as described in Step 1 above.
6 – Extend SAWA License Subscription
At any time before your SAWA license expires. you may extend the subscription by taking the following steps:
We recommend that you extend at least 2 month before expiration in order to assure uninterrupted operation:
- Request a quote for extension for one or more years.
Confirm the details of your Azure Service Plan or inform about any changes to Inlite Sales.
- After the payment for extension, Inlite will provide the new Production ILY file.
- Place this file in the
ily_folderof the Development Instance. Verify license status using SAWA Portal.
- Replicate the
ily_folderto all the Production Instances
After SAWA is installed, licensing and status are managed from this URL
http(s)://your_web_site_URL/f7c3abfb377e4f72b29d3d1852cb12a6Portal maybe used to:
- Update license files
- Check license status and subscription expiration date
- Test ClearImage operations under installed license
USERsection – Set User to activate installed License file within portal. This section is displayed if user is not yet set. To show when user is set, click
Reseton the top of the page.
||Set your user code: Enter |
||Set general evaluation for all users. Use this item only if instructed by Inlite.|
||Use this item only if instructed by Inlite|
||Download current evaluation and subscription licences to default ILY folder.|
|Display system and IIS information|
||Display ClearImage version, list of licensed products, license expiration dates and installed license files.|
ClearImagesection – Test ClearImage functions using build-in test image file. This section is displayed if user is set. If a specific function is not licensed, then am error is displayed.
||Display properties of test images file|
||Test reading of 1D barcodes|
||Test reading of PDF417 barcode|
||Test reading of QR barcode|
||Test reading of DataMatrix barcode|
||Test reading and decoding Driver License|
To verify licenses status
name|codein text box then click this item.
Use licenses for
License Information. Observe list of licensed products and expiration dates
- Click browsers’s Back button
- Click items in
ClearImagesection to verify functionality.
Development under IIS
It may be easier and faster to develop and debug the Web App on your local system under IIS rather than on Azure instance with a remote debugger. However SAWA license does not operate outside of Microsoft Azure Web App instance with its correct Subscription ID. To perform IIS-based development:
- Short-term development:
Use ClearImage SDK available at https://www.inliteresearch.com/actions/download-proc.php?type=CI
All ClearImage functionality is licensed for 60 days after the first installation
- Long-term development
Purchase a standard license for the product you are using from https://www.inliteresearch.com/actions/order/order.php
You will receive installation instructions and license certificate to register on your development system