ClearImage Subscription for Azure Web Apps
ClearImage Subscription for Azure Web Apps ("SAWA") license provides access to ClearImage barcode recognition and image processing engines for applications operating under the Microsoft® Azure Web Apps Subscription (also named Azure App Service.)
ClearImage SAWA is offered as an annual subscription. Each ClearImage SAWA license is associated with a single Azure Subscription ID enabling use of ClearImage by ALL Azure Web Apps instances using this Subscription ID.
Installation and Licensing
The SAWA licensing may be installed and activated on any Azure Web App instance connected to the Internet ("Development instance") . Then it can be deployed to the Production instances.
- Production instance can be isolated from the Internet and can have a different URL from the Development instance.
- The Production and Development instances should operate with the same Azure Subscription ID
Use of ClearImage products is governed by terms of the latest Inlite Download User License Agreement (DULA) available at https://www.inliteresearch.com/dula/
By using the following procedure you AGREE to the terms of this agreement.
1 – Install on the Development Instance
- Inlite will provide ling to download ClearImageNet.70.dll. Place this file in \bin folder
- Add the following section to web.config
<system.webServer> <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"> <add name="ClearImage" type="Inlite.ClearImageIIS.HttpModule"/> </modules> <system.webServer>If you have other modules added, make sure that ClearImage is the first in the modules list.
NOTE: This configuration is for Integrated Pipeline. Contact Inlite if you are using Classic Pipeline.
- Start your Web Site
- Send Web Site URL to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAWA Management Portal
After SAWA is installed, licensing and status are managed from this URL
http(s)://your_web_site_URL/f7c3abfb377e4f72b29d3d1852cb12a6Portal maybe used to:
- Update license files (*.ILY)
- Check license status and subscription expiration date
- Test ClearImage operations under installed license
2 – License Purchase
Inlite sales will provide a quote for subscription price based on anticipated peak usage of ClearImage functionality, Please provide the following information:
Is target Web App is mostly used to access ClearImage functionality OR is it general-function application, ClearImage small part of overall functionality?
Provide the following information from Azure Service Plan available at you Microsoft Azure Portal:
- Pricing Tier
- Instance Size
- Instance Count
- Subscription ID
Inlite sales will issue a quote and arrange payment for SAWA license. License will be issued upon receipt of payment.
3 – License Installation
Inlite will activate your SAWA license activate and the 30-days SAWA evaluation license.
Two authorization codes will be supplied:
- Portal code – temporary code to test license from SAWA Portal
- Production code – code to enable ClearImage in your application
4 – Enable License
Add the following to web.config to enable ClearImage TEST actions from SAWA Portal
<appSettings> <add key="ilyCredentials0" value="Portal code"/> </appSettings>
Make this call before ANY calls to ClearImage API in your Web App
Inlite.ClearImageNet.Server.SetVar("user", "Production code");
Make this call before ANY calls to ClearImage API in your WebJob‘s Main()
Inlite.ClearImageNet.Server.SetVar("subscr", "init" + "|" + @"D:\home\site\wwwroot\bin\Inlite"); Inlite.ClearImageNet.Server.SetVar("user", "Production code");
5 – Install on Production Instances
Replicate the following files from the Development instance to all Production instances:
web.config, \bin\ClearImageNet.70.dll, \bin\Inlite\*.ily
NOTE: If web.config is different on Production instance it should include modification in steps above
Any time before your SAWA license expires do the following to extend subscription.
We recommend to extend at least 2 month before expiration assure uninterrupted operation:
- Update the information in "SAWA License Purchase" section and obtain a quote
- Purchase one or more years of Azure Subscription for you product
- After purchase is confirmed, issue Update Subscription License request from SAWA Portal on Development instance. Issue ClearImage Information request to confirm expiration date is updated.
- Replicate \bin\Inlite\*.ily from Development instance to all Production instances.
Development under IIS
It may be easier and faster to develop and debug the Web App on your local system under IIS rather than on Azure instance with a remote debugger. However SAWA license does not operate outside of Microsoft Azure Web App instance with its correct Subscription ID. To perform IIS-based development:
- Short-term development:
Use ClearImage SDK available at https://www.inliteresearch.com/actions/download-proc.php?type=CI
All ClearImage functionality is licensed for 60 days after the first installation
- Long-term development
Purchase a standard license for the product you are using from https://www.inliteresearch.com/actions/order/order.php
You will receive installation instructions and license certificate to register on your development system